Paul Adams provided our Educational speaker slot at February's meeting, members found it so useful we were inundated with requests to share his top 10 tips!
- Understand the new Rights which Data Subjects can demand
- Audit the types of data you hold
- Map the location of your data, your data flows, who has access to it and the risks
- Identify the lawful reasons you are processing personal information
- Ensure your consents are valid
- Review contracts and data sharing agreements with processors, partners and clients
- Review Privacy and Fair Collection Notices (Transparency)
- Ensure all reasonable ‘Technical’ and ‘Organisational’ measures are in place (due-diligence defense)
- Identify any new technologies and processes that might require a Perform Privacy Impact Assessment
- Appoint a DPO to comply with additional legal duties such as mandatory breach reporting, internal auditing, training etc.
You can also download the full presentation by clicking here.